Normal College 1914 Fire and Dedication Program, WTs two newest buildings

Date

1952-10-03

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

(West Texas State Normal College (now West Texas A&M University)

Abstract

Description

In 1921 The Prairie republished an article about the 1914 fire that destroyed the original Administration Building. The second Adminstairon Building was built in the same spot as the original. This new building which is today called "Old Main," was completed in 1916. During the reconstruction of the Administration Building, WT was run out of WWI-style bunkers known as "The Shacks." This file also contains general information about some of the buildings constructed on the WT campus up to 1950.

Keywords

West Texas A&M University, Canyon, Texas

Citation

Permalink for this item. Use this when sharing or citing this source.